Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Scrabble (PSP Games)



When someone mentions the game Scrabble I used to automatically envision family and friends surrounding the board game and arguing about the validity of a word.

I have played Scrabble in two different languages; in Romanian, while I was still a little kid and in English with my friends in Dallas. Playing Scrabble in Romania is almost forgotten since it was such a long time ago, but I remember my Scrabble experiences in the US like they just happened yesterday.

Each group of friends tends to play with their own rules. Some of my friends allow name spelling, some allow slang, some allow even abbreviations. Honestly, I don't really know what the real rules of Scrabble are. All I know is that unless you can come up with a word you don't get any points. When I noticed that EA has released Scrabble for the PSP, I immediately added it to my Game Fly queue list, and as luck would have it, it was shipped to me in a very timely manner. Now I get to find out once and for all what the real rules of Scrabble are and maybe in the process I can learn the meaning and the correct spelling of some previously unknown words. A few days ago I also read that 3 new words were added to the official Scrabble list. I remember two of them. I wouldn't go as far as to call them real words, but apparently the Scrabble people do. 'Zzz' (apparently it means sleep) and 'za' for pizza are two of the three new words. I'm really curios if EA was anticipating this change and if it was implemented in their video game release. While coming up with 'zzz' might not be the easiest thing to pull off, I think that I will not have much trouble finding out if 'za' has been added.

http://rapidshare.com/files/258302715/Scrabble.cso

0 comments: